*Current Update as of 3/16/2020
In an effort to help our surrounding communities and staff with social distancing, we are suspending walk-in open play hours starting Tuesday 3/17 until further notice. For those who have parties booked in the month of March, we will work with you to reschedule your date. You may contact us directly at (516) 233-6166. We will be taking calls and checking messages daily.
We will be communicating with all clients week by week as things change (hopefully for the better). Please keep US and ALL SMALL BUSINESSES in your thoughts and prayers during this time of suspended/modified business.
*Now taking bookings early summer through fall
Please call (516) 208-6737/ (516) 233-6166 or contact us using our contact form. These bookings will help us continue to serve the community when things calm down. In addition to our weekend party package, we will offer mini party packages during the week for June-September (some weekend dates available) so that our parties are even more affordable for those families who are or will be impacted financially. These packages are also for very small gatherings of family and close friends.
In our downtime, we will reflect on the memories of all the celebrations throughout the past 15 years 🎉. We hope you will consider us for another party or pass our name off to a friend. We have watched many of your children grow up from infants to teens and cherish those memories we made together throughout the years.
We ask for your support with a couple of small gestures from the community to help us get through during this major disruption of business:
- Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram if you don’t already follow. Please share our pages with your friends and family if you already follow us!
- If you have had a party with us, were a guest of a party/event or enjoyed open play, craft or ice cream sundae building at our shop, please write us a review if you haven’t already on any platform- FB, Instagram, Yelp, local mom and dad Facebook group pages and or Google.❤️. If you have already written a review, we want you to know we appreciate your heartfelt reviews and will now have time to respond to you all showing our appreciation! That’s a positive! These small gestures will have a big impact for us and will bring smiles to our faces during this difficult time!
- Finally, while reminiscing, share some pics of your child’s party with us to our Facebook or Instagram page! This will certainly bring a huge smile to our faces!
Keep in touch and stay well. I will be busy moving my own daughter out of her college dorm and making memories with my own family while enjoying fresh air and downtime during the week. Remember to stay positive in times of fear and visit us and our neighboring shops when all is said and done to help us rebuild our businesses. We know we can count on you! ❤️
Once Upon a Sundae
COVID-19 UPDATE in regards to Parties
As a responsible business, we will do our part to help keep our community safe, calm and keep some “normalcy” for our children during this time. We know you know this already but if your child is not feeling well, please keep them home. There will be plenty of fun events and activities to attend in the near future :). We ask that each guest entering our space utilize our hand sanitizing station we have set up at our entrance.
We have always taken the cleanliness of our space seriously and will continue our thorough cleaning routine before, during and after each party. We will continue to
- Put toys out in small batches
- Swapping them out with a new sanitized batch between each party
We pride ourselves in NOT being a “birthday factory”. We have always spaced our parties out leaving AMPLE time for THOROUGH cleaning of all surfaces including
- Light switches
- All play areas and
- Counter surfaces
We feel fortunate that we are an intimate party space where gatherings are small, generally consist of close friends and family and feel confident we can maintain a healthy atmosphere for our guests and staff. For those who have upcoming parties with us, please feel free to keep in contact with us at any time (516) 208-6737 with questions or concerns.
We can offer you another craft activity to substitute play at no extra charge. Your party can consist of
- A longer arts and craft session
- Ice cream sundae building
(Everything we use is disposable). Let’s take it day by day and keep the communication open so that everyone feels comfortable during this time.
The Once Upon a Sundae team